Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6+

So let me start out by saying this blog is based on my OPINION of both phones. A little background before I start:

I sold my Galaxy S5 a little earlier than expected and needed a phone. This was about 2-3 weeks after the iPhones had been released so sources were still scarce. One morning I thought I'd try my luck and managed to snag a 64GB iPhone 6+. I thought I'd hold onto it for a couple of weeks see how I like it, take it back and then get the Note 4. It didn't turn out that way...

I found I really liked the iPhone 6+ so I kept it after the 14 day window. A few weeks later the launch day of the Note 4 day arrives. I went and had a play with it in store. I wasn't 100% sure but I ended up purchasing it anyway. Mum was going to take my 6+. After a few days I found the battery was draining fast and I didn't like it at all. I ended up returning it and going back to my 6+.

Fast forward a few weeks..I again had an android itch. I thought I'd try the Note 4 again and give it a better chance. Since then, I have barely touched my iPhone 6+. I am however using both phones. My Note 4 is my daily driver and my iPhone 6+ is my "backup" phone. I am however using them concurrently (e.g., 2 phone numbers).

In terms of charging the phone the Note 4 wins HANDS down. Both phones were approximately at 40% and the Note 4 charged about an hour faster than the iPhone 6+. The rapid charger is VERY handy. However, in terms of battery life, I'd say the iPhone 6+ would win SLIGHTLY. This may be due to some of the apps I am running. I'd say they are on par with each other.

The cameras are on both phones are great. Personally, I think the Note 4 has a better outdoor camera. The shots are brighter with more saturated colours. I do think the iPhone 6+ takes better lowlight and indoor shots.

In terms of "funness" the Note 4 wins HANDS DOWN for me. I love how I can customise every minor detail of the phone. The iPhone 6+ wins points for continuity and that everything syncs nicely between all my Apple devices.

If I had to choose between the 2 phones I think I would go the Note 4. I am an Apple fangirl and its a hard decision but the customisation wins it for me. I also really enjoy the led light feature and the fact I can see my notifications without having to touch the phone. However, both are great phones and you wouldn't go wrong with either choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment